What a great turnout for our November meeting!
Twenty-two quilters were in attendance; three of them were first-time visitors! We're happy to see such interest in modern quilting.
Linda won one of our door prizes.
Beth gave our 12-Minute Tip... which may have gone slightly over 12 minutes.
She showed us numerous items, purchased from a home improvement store, that can be used for quilting.
Our program was - "Make a Hottie" - where we shared what we'd made with Insul-Bright, one of the products included in a box of batting and other products donated by The Warm Company to Modern Quilt Guild chapters across the US.
We saw curling iron holders...
more hot pads...
table top protectors...
a potato bag...
... and a shoulder bag for a Kindle or tablet. Insul-Bright is placed in back of the tablet pocket, to keep the heat off your lap,
|Beth - a Weeks Ringle design|
|Linda - a Weeks Ringle design with Victorian Modern fabrics|
- Program: "Favorite and Unfavorite Tools and Notions" - The program is for everyone to share one or two tools or notions that you can't sew without, or that you wish you'd never bought.
- Social Time: Bring an appetizer or dessert to share with 4 to 6 people. Drinks and paper products will be provided.
- Brainstorm: We'll have a general discussion about possible programs and activities for 2014.
JANUARY 13, 2014:
- Program: "Color, Hue, and Value" by Doris Hulse
- Riley Blake Challenge Reveal - Everyone who received a challenge packet will show their completed project.
- Quilter Spotlight - A new, get-to-know-a-quilter time will begin this month, and continue throughout the year.
FEBRUARY 10, 2014:
- Program: "Circlin' Around" by Beth Shutty
All meetings are at North Lake Presbyterian Church, on Rolling Acres Road (behind Home Depot) in Lady Lake, Florida. We hope to see you at a future meeting!