Link to Bylaws - Amended November 2019 to change fiscal year from December 31 to March.
Link to Policies and Guidelines - February 2015
Link to Library Policies - January 2016
The Executive Committee of the Guild shall consist of a President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Media Coordinator, and Program Coordinator to be elected by the Membership. The Executive Committee shall also include the Immediate Past President of The Guild.
The Executive Committee shall have: 1) general supervision of the affairs of the Guild; 2) set policy; 3) fix the day, hour and place of Executive Committee and Regular Meetings; 4) control the proceeds of the Guild funds; and, 5) perform other duties as specified by the Bylaws.
Below are Executive Committee Position Descriptions from November 2019 Bylaws:
ARTICLE 9 - DUTIES OF EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBERS
Section 1. President
The President shall:
- Preside at all Regular Meetings, special meetings, and Executive Committee meetings.
- With the approval of the Executive Committee, appoint all Committee Chair/Co-Chairpersons.
- Attend committee meetings as an ex officio member of the committee, as necessary.
- Coordinate committee activities.
- Perform other duties as required as an official spokesperson for the Guild.
Section 2. Vice President
The Vice President shall:
- In the absence of the President, conduct the Guild meetings, and/or Executive Committee meetings.
- Assume the responsibilities of President in the event the President cannot complete the term of elected office.
- Serve as an ex officio member of the Program Committee.
- Oversee the review of the Guild Bylaws, as necessary.
Section 2A. Secretary
The Secretary shall:
- attend Executive Committee Meetings to take notes of discussions and decisions, and provide meeting documentation.
- Correspond as necessary with organizations who have dealings with The Guild.
- Maintain documentation of sign-in sheets, Agendas, minutes, etc.
Section 3. Treasurer
The Treasurer shall:
- Receive and bank all Guild monies.
- Maintain bookkeeping records of all funds.
- Disburse funds as authorized.
- Serve as primary signer on checks of the Guild, and designate a secondary signer.
- Provide a quarterly financial statement to the Executive Committee.
- Within 60 days of the close of the fiscal year, provide financial records for auditing to a committee consisting of one Executive Committee Member, and two or more Members appointed by the Executive Committee.
- Provide a complete financial report, to be presented to the Membership in January.
Section 4. Media Coordinator
The Media Coordinator shall:
- Take notes and photos at monthly meetings that are posted to The Guild website. Post announcements, guild business, presentations, show and tell, etc.
- Provide technology support to the Executive Committee, and Standing and Ad Hoc Committees during special activities and events.
- Maintain The Guild’s social media accounts.
- Attend monthly guild meetings, sew days, Executive Committee meetings, and guild programs.
Section 4A. Program Coordinator
The Program Coordinator shall:
- Actively recruit member or guest speakers and teachers for special Guild programs and workshops with a focus on modern quilting.
- Work with Media Coordinator to communicate program and event information for members through email, blog posts, Facebook, and/or other social media formats.
- Communicate regularly with Executive Committee about upcoming speakers and status of planned speakers.
- Attend Executive Committee meetings as needed to make proposals to Executive Committee on programs and events. Actively work on future months’ programs, events, projects, challenges, Block of the Month. Coordinate giveaways, challenges or events based on the programs presented.
- Attend monthly guild meetings.
- Support the planning, implementation, maintenance, and documentation of The Guild’s public programs and educational initiatives.