Who can come?
The Central Florida Modern Quilt Guild is a Modern Quilt Guild chapter meeting in Lady Lake, Florida. We've made a place for everyone! Whether you’re young or seasoned, new to sewing and quilting, or have been making quilts for years, you're welcome to join us as we learn about and make modern quilts. If you join our chapter, you'll also be affiliated with the national Modern Quilt Guild where you'll find opportunities to share activities with other Modern Quilt Guild chapters, and the national organization.
When do we meet?
Except for when we have special guest speakers, you can most often join us on the second Monday of each month, from 6:30 to about 8:30 p.m. You’ll find us at North Lake Presbyterian Church, 975 Rolling Acres Road, Lady Lake, Florida.
What do we do?
Every meeting includes:
- Show and Tell: Bring your finished and unfinished modern quilts. Or bring a “problem” quilt for helpful input.
- the latest information about a swap, or BOM (block-of-the-month), or challenge, or other fun activity;
- a demo/program: This too is educational, and often presented by a knowledgeable member.
Visitors are always welcome. The first meeting is free. The second meeting is $5, you will be asked to pay dues. Extra fees may be charged for special speakers and events.*
What does it cost to become a member?
Dues are $40 a year beginning in January. New members joining after June 30 pay $20.
Member benefits from the MQG include receiving free modern quilt patterns; access to old and new Webinars by knowledgeable quilters on interesting quilt-related topics; ability to participate in fabric and other national challenges; and advance registration notice of workshops, and QuiltCon (annual national quilt show).
Who's heading up the CFMQG chapter?
2017 President - Karen E.
How do I contact CFMQG?
Whether you’re in town, or away, please join and keep up with our activities through our online sites:
Instagram - #centralfloridaMQG
Blog - CentralFloridaMQG (Where you are now!)
We hope to see you at one of our upcoming meetings!
*Additional visitor information, from our bylaws:
- . Every visitor attending a meeting/event for the second time will be assessed a $5 fee. This is not an annually renewable opportunity.
- . A visitor who decides to join our chapter at their second or third meeting will have their $5 visitor’s fee applied to membership.
- . All visiting MQG members may attend two meetings annually at no charge.