The third MQG Riley Blake challenge was announced in January, and within eight hours, all challenge spots were filled! Several CFMQGers did get in and have received their fabrics - six fat-eights of "The Cottage Garden" collection by Amanda Herrig.
If you didn't get in on the free fabric bundle, you can still participate. Just go to a quilt shop - brick-and-mortar, or online - to purchase what you want.
Then, create and sew! The challenge is:
- Make something fantastic that is quilted.
- Make something you've never done before
- Challenge yourself to try something new.
- Use only Riley Blake The Cottage Garden fabrics and any coordinating Riley Blake basics and solids.
- Complete your project by July 31. We will be sharing challenge projects at our August 10 meeting.
Share your work and see what others in the MQG are doing by taking pictures! Upload photos to:
- the community page of the MQG website
- Instagram or Facebook. Tag them #mqgfabricchallenge
American Made Brand Tiny Quilt Challenge
American Made Brand is the only fabric manufacturer whose product, from field to fabric, is entirely produced in the US.
Sixty-two solid colors are available, so choose yours to make a project.
- that's pieced, appliquéd, or quilted
- design must be original - CFMQG verified with AMB 4/24/15
- no larger than 15" X 15" and include a 4" hanging sleeve
- enter as many items as you wish by September 15
- juried winners will be announced by October 1, and
- will be included in an exhibit at Road 2 California in January, 2016
The top prize will win an all-expenses paid trip, for two nights, to Road 2 California! Find complete details and entry forms here.
Central Florida MQG Solids Challenge
We're also encouraging members to use solids in their modern quilts. The rules are simple:
- Use solids only
- Make anything quilted.
- Make it any size.
- Create a project that focuses on a modern element that you can talk about when sharing at a chapter meeting.
- Complete your project by November 9.
- A "Viewer's Choice," and other prizes will be awarded.
Looks like it's time to put creativity and inspiration to work! We can't wait to see what everyone does!