Saturday, February 11 - 10 am to 6 pm
Belleview Public Library
|2017 QuiltCon East Charity Quilt (top only)|
It's been a while since we've had free sewing time at a Sew-In, since we were focused on making our QuiltCon East Charity Quilt Challenge quilt. Thanks to Becky, the quilt has been shipped! Look for it at QuiltCon, in the lecture hall.
Monday, February 13 - 6:30 to 8:30 pm
North Lake Presbyterian Church, Lady Lake
(behind Home Depot)
1) Sharing "Modern Minis." If you've made a modern quilt or mug rug or table mat (or more than one) whose total perimeter is less than 100", bring it to show and share. We'll talk about the characteristics of modern design, and you'll learn about a new opportunity!
2) Have in mind your 2017 Word of the Year that's applicable to your quilting goals for the year.
3) "Meanderings of a (Mostly) Modern Quilter" presented by Di Jobbins, an MQGer from Sydney (Zetland), Australia. She'll briefly share her journey to modern quiltmaking with pictures of her quilts, and talk about quilting in Australia - its similarities and differences. Come with questions to ask her!
5) Members: pick up your 2017 MQG membership card.
6) Check out the Spoonflower fabrics created from our logo by the talented Emma of ETM Creative. They're gorgeous! You can order fabric from Spoonflower yourself here, and/or buy a logo panel from Treasurer Kathy for $2.50 each.
This is the nearest the event has been to Central Florida (about a 4-1/2 hour drive), so the excitement for those planning to attend has been building. Some lively discussion about the event is sure to be shared at this meeting... our last meeting before the big event!
If you're attending the show, be sure to download the QuiltConEast app (find it on ITunes), so you'll be in the know about all the activities, events, fun, and quilts!
If you're not attending the show, be sure to keep your smart phone or iPad handy to follow the Instagram hashtag #quiltconfromhome Several MQG members have been charged with sharing QuiltConEast with those who are unable to attend. How cool is that?!
We hope to see you at one or all of these events! We'll have more fun than a barrel of quilters!