Central Florida MQG Business
A nominating committee is being formed to identify 2017 officers - president, vice president/programs, treasurer, media coordinator. If you would like to participate by being on the committee, or nominating yourself, please email us. A slate of candidates will be presented at our October 10 regular meeting. Electronic voting will be in early November.
Among business items is a proposed change to our bylaws. These changes/addition were presented and discussed at the meeting, and are published here for member review. Click here to read our bylaws in their entirety.
ARTICLE 3 - MEMBERSHIP
Section 1. Active Members
Membership shall be open to any persons interested in modern quilts and quilt making.
- New members may join at any time.
- Membership shall be recognized upon payment of annual dues.
- Visitors may attend one regularly scheduled meeting/event free of charge. At the second and third meetings, a nominal fee of $2 will be charged. After that, a visitor must become a member by paying the appropriate annual dues.
- Active members may participate in and support the projects and activities of the Guild, including the privilege of voting, holding office, and serving on committees. They shall be entitled to preferential placing in any Guild sponsored function; may place items on meeting agendas; be informed of all decisions by the Executive Committee; and have access to: 1) the membership roster, 2) minutes of business meetings, and 3) treasurer’s reports.
NEW SECTION TO BE ADDED
Section 1A. Visitors
a. A visitor may attend one regularly scheduled meeting/event free of charge, unless the meeting/event is a presentation by a paid speaker. Then, an appropriate fee will be charged.
b. Every visitor attending a meeting/event for the second time will be assessed a $5 fee. This is not an annually renewable opportunity.
c. A visitor who decides to join our chapter at their second or third meeting will have their $5 visitor’s fee applied to membership.
d. All visiting MQG members who belong to a chapter may attend two meetings annually at no charge.
The meeting program - "How to Enter and Quilt Show" presented by Beth, and the "How to Photograph a Quilt" portion of the program, presented by Linda H., were very informative.
We hope many members decide to participate in QuiltCon East by entering:
1) up to three quilts for $30
2) the Michael Miller Luxe Challenge
3) the American Patchwork and Quilting magazine Nine Patch Challenge.
All entries are due by November 30. Go to the MQG QuiltConEast website for more member information.
Lora showed her "Weekender Bag," a pattern by Amy Butler (on her right shoulder); her Roxie bag (on the right bottom); and two small pouches - "Sweetpea Pod" by Lazy Girl Quilts, and a wallet made with Viewmaster fabric.
Karen E. showed a modern crib quilt made mostly of solids, quilted by herself.
Becky showed a large minimalist quilt made from the book "Modern Quilts from the Blogging Universe." It was longarm quilted.
Linda H. showed her 25" X 25" CrossCut Quilt made during an Instagram "a-long" with Debbie Jeske of AQuiltersTable. Background fabrics are low volume and "sticks" are solids. It's domestic machine quilted using a Westalee brand circle template ruler.
Stay in touch through our blog posts! More information is coming.